Louisville's Free Summer Activities for Families
Louisville's FREE Summer Activities for Families
Louisville is very family-friendly and boasts several FREE ways to cure summer-time boredom. Here are a few of our favorite places to check out with kiddos.
- Meet and pet exotic animals at Henry's Ark located in Prospect, KY.
- Get hands-on with your kids by attending the Home Depot Kids Workshops. Your handy helpers will love creating projects such as toolboxes, birdhouses, and fire trucks.
- The Louisville Public Library offers events daily for all ages, and at all branches. Storytime is our personal favorite, but check out their Events page for other options.
- Have an older child interested in biking or skating? Check out the Louisville Extreme Park which offers 40,000 sq. ft. of concrete where people of all skill levels bike and skate.
- Louisville’s Parks feature spray parks (splash pads), hiking trails, playground equipment, and more. Our personal favorite is Waterfront Park which offers plenty of events to fill your calendar with fun and memories.
- There are several free festivals to check out, including an office fav, The Gaslight Festival. September 15-17 you can enjoy the motorcycle rally, car show, golf scrample, 5K, parade, balloon glow (ALWAYS a hit with the kids!), live entertainment, and over 200 craft booths.
We purposely kept this list small because even though you can do anything with your family, you shouldn't pressure yourself to do everything. Remember to slow down and enjoy simple moments together as a family. After all, the best memories are the ones when we’re truly engaged, and just living in the moment. <3 we="" hope="" you="" enjoy="" your="" summer="" and="" look="" forward="" to="" meeting="" family="" when="" see="" out="" about="" --3--="">