Best Ice Cream in Louisville
Best Ice Cream in Louisville
With temps soaring back into the 90's this week, I am already planning my best attempt to beat the heat. I have taste-tested (you're welcome) and come up with the top 10 places to get ice cream in Louisville.
10. Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen - With 9 ocations accross Louisville, Southern Indiana, and Shelbyville, KY. The recipes have been handed down (the company started in 1982) and all of the baking is scratch-made, and the ice cream is fresh churned. From ice cream to pies, cakes, cookies, upside down cupcakes and more. If they sell it, it's fresh! They start baking every morning at 4 a.m. Personal Favorite Flavor: Peanut Butter Fudge
9. Louisville Cream - A small batch gourmet ice cream company. They carry salted butter caramel, bourbon smoked pecan, the red queen, and peanut butter feelings year round as well as explore new flavors and rotate seasonal menu options. You can find the icecream in Whole Foods, Rainbow Blossom stores, and Old Town Wine and Spirits in addition to their NULU location on E. Market St.
8. Tasty Tuxedo Treats - This is such a cool new thing in Louisville. These guys are serving up REALLY delicious popcicles, King Pops, which are fresh flavor combinations of real fruit and cream, whole cookies and cream, and more. They serve in from a side car of their motorcycle in tuxedos! They're also making their own cookie ice cream sandwiches. Seriously, if you see these guys out, check them out!
7. The Arctic Shop - Located on Hurstbourne Ln, this shop is delivering a show, providing endless flavor combinations, and serving the freshest ice cream available. All of the ingredients are natural, and they are allergy friendly as they will work around any sensitivity. Selections include gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, low-fat, plus they are always open to new ideas. They're available for catering, liquid nitrogen demonstrations, and parties.
6. Liege & Dairy - Ice Cream and Waffles that taste as good as they look. They only use the finest ingredients, many from local markets and farms. They make their ice cream with non-GMO cream that comes from hormone-free happy cows. They have a distinct technique to deliver a denser, creamier, richer ice cream. Located in Holiday Manor.
5. Lula's Frozen Yogurt & Treats - Nestled in the Highlands is a quaint shop with creative Nitrogen Ice Cream, Liquid based yogurt and toppings, Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream (from Wisconsin), Floats, and custom shakes. You can now find them on Uber Eats so if you can't make it to the Highlands, you can have your frozen treats delivered to your door.
4. Steel City Pops - 2 Louisville locations with delicious pops featuring fresh fruit, organic cane sugar, and all pops are gluten-free. They even offer cookie pops with a dipping station, or you can create your own custom pop!
3. Sweet Savannah's Frozen Yogurt - A self-serve, friendly atmosphere with all the toppings and flavors you can dream up.
2. Ehler's Ice Cream - They have been around for over 150 years and a part of the community (my family included) as an ice cream destination. You can check their website to see when the Orange Cow Ice Cream truck will be in your area, or you can reserve it for your next event.
1. Comfy Cow - I saved my favorite ice cream shop for the #1 spot. This shop deserves every positive adjective in the english language. You will LOVE their premium ice cream, and will start craving your next bite the second you leave. They have 6 locations, and a large yet simple menu. They even carry pooch pops for your fur-babies <3
What is your favorite ice cream shop in Louisville? I'd love to hear about it!